PSR & CYM
OLMC/HS Youth Ministry on Facebook
If you are a youth or an adult from Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Herrin, IL) or Holy Spirit (Carterville, IL) and interested in youth ministry, we would LOVE for you to join us at OLMC/HS Youth Ministry on www.Facebook.com. This is the place to stay informed on upcoming events, see photos of past activities and suggest our next adventure.
It's that time of year for 2019-2020 PSR registration. (print and return one of the forms. Either PDF or DOCX format available)
YOUTH MINISTRY MISSION TRIP We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support of our Memphis 2019 Mission Trip. Our theme “Called 2” was perfect for our week as 65 of us went and served the poor, sick and under-served of the Memphis community. We served meals at St. Jude’s, at the American Cancer Society, in homeless shelters and at a soup kitchen. We cleaned, painted and prayed in community at St. Augustine’s located in a very poor part of Memphis. We spent 4 days at an Alzheimer’s facility. We delivered Meals on Wheels, worked in the Memphis Food Bank, as well as many other acts of service. We gathered nightly for prayer. You should be proud of the youth of our parishes. They are simply amazing and by the enthusiasm with which they perform service, they are evangelizing our world!
7 Things Every High School Graduate Should Hear
1. Live with intention. College will be full of new opportunities. Think carefully about your priorities for your new start.
2. Make the right friends. There will be plenty of new people! Concentrate on the ones who motivate you to be a better person.
3. It's a big world! Look for new perspectives, new opportunities, and new ideas that push you to grow.
4. Find a mentor. Building relationships with people who have "been there, done that" can be a great help.
5. Give yourself away. You may not need to volunteer anymore, but you'll be surprised what you learn, how you grow, and who you meet when you serve.
6. Before you go, learn how to do your laundry, address an envelope, schedule a doctor's appointment, use public transportation, and cook basic meals (ramen doesn't count!).
7. Remember that God is in control. And that's a good thing!
Pastoral Center TEC (Teens Encounter Christ) Calling all Juniors and Seniors in High School. TEC is a three-day Catholic retreat for young adults of Southern Illinois. To learn more and/or to apply visit: www.bellevilletec.org