Knights of Columbus, Carterville, IL
Find and follow us on Facebook
Knights of Columbus is a global Catholic fraternal order which was founded in 1882 by Father Michael J. McGivney.
We the K of C council No. 10453, focus on three main principals-Charity, Unity, Fraternity
The charitable events we focus on throughout the year include:
- Supporting the Marion Lighthouse Shelter for the underprivileged
- Providing unity and fellowship within our parish with our sausage and pancake breakfasts
- Annual Tootsie Roll event with 100% of the proceeds going to our Special Education teachers at Unit 5 shcool district to help support their intellectual disabilities programs and instruction
- Providing, to a selected high school student within our parish, the annual Dr. Ray Owens scholarship of $500
- Fund raisers throughout the year to assist in financial support for Fr Silva's school in Sri Lanka allowing students to attend
Would you like to become a Knight? One of our parish Knight's would love to assist you. Visit Illinois State Council Knights of Columbus to learn more
Rick Hartke will be selling raffle tickets for the Illinois State Council Knights of Columbus Charities annual Vocations Support Drive beginning next Sunday thru Thanksgiving.
DR. RAY OWENS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP The Dr. Ray Owens Memorial Scholarship was founded to invest in the future of the Catholic youth of Carterville. The Knights of Columbus Council 10453, in consultation with Mrs. Nancy Owens, established this scholarship in the Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit after Dr. Owens’ death. The recipient of the scholarship should exhibit a commit-ment to their Catholic faith in their actions, values and education. Applicants must: 1. Be an active member of the Holy Spirit Church. 2. Be a High School senior with plan to attend college or trade school after graduation. 3. Complete application, including the essay. The scholarship will be awarded based upon the applicant’s commitment to the Catholic faith at the Holy Spirit Church and in the required forms and essay. The applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in May. Monies will be dispersed upon graduation from high school and submission of enrollment paperwork for the higher education facility. Paperwork available on the donut table at church. Check back at the beginning of the year. Please notify the Parish Office at 618-985-2900 or the Parish cell phone at 618-925-5099 if you are aware of someone who is a High School Senior and will be graduating.